Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award!


Thank you so much Juliane of Outlandish Lit for nominating me! I love these question/answer type posts, I'm always so interested in reading what other people have to say. I apologize for how long it's taken me to actually get around to answering these questions (and for generally being absent lately), but I'm glad I finally got my butt in gear to get this done. It was so fun!

Here are the rules for the The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.  

My Answers:

1. What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

I don't really read a lot of "weird fiction", but maybe some graphic novels I've read recently could be considered "weird". I'm definitely interested in exploring "weird fiction" as a genre, since I haven't been exposed (or exposed myself) to much. If you've got recommendations, give 'em to me! 

2. What's your favorite book cover?

I am always finding new beautiful covers to admire and covet. I did a whole post on book covers back in September and I have to say, I don't think my favourite covers have changed all that much. For some reason my eye is always drawn to a blue cover, usually with nautical or aquatic themes. I don't know what that says about me, I can't even swim. But here's one of my favourites: 
The Light Between Oceans

3. Condense the summary of your least favorite book into a haiku.


Nothing special here
Too boring to get sorted 
Divergent, just meh

(I never claimed to be  poet)

4. If you've met an author, who was it? If not, who would you like to meet?


I haven't met any authors, but would certainly love to!
Dead? Anne Bronte. Alive? Neil Gaiman.

5. Tell me your personal ebook feelings.


I commute and I find my kobo very useful for travel, however, nothing beats an actual physical book.

6. What book do you recommend to people most?


Whatever I have most recently read that I loved and think someone else might love as well.  My most, recent recommendation was Animal Farm. 

7. How do you feel about open endings?


Honestly, it depends on how invested I am in the story. Sometimes if I really feel for the characters and care about how their story turns out, I want to know the definitive canonical ending to the story. I just need to know what the author was thinking, how the story is supposed  to end. Other times, usually if the book is particularly speculative, I don't mind letting my imagination wander and thinking about about all the possibilities, all the different ways a story can end and coming up with my own answers. 

8. You're Jack in The Shining. What line from a book will you type over and over again to frighten your family?


I think I can I think I can I think I can 

9. Do you like me? Circle one: Y / N. Just kidding. What's the worst book recommendation you've ever received?


Y!!!

This is a toughie...  The worst book recommendation I've received... is possibly the Divergent series. Or maybe Outlander... not because I thought it was a bad book, or that it was poorly written, but because I found it quite problematic.  I had a lot of issues with it (that I loudly ranted about in the car for a good 30 minutes). Maybe I'll write a post about it (or maybe not... the Outlander fandom is everywhere).  I found the majority of it to be enjoyable, but there were parts that I just couldn't let go of and gave me rage blindness while reading it.

10. What book would you have sent into space to best represent humans?

A Brief History of Everything. Probably. Or some Archie Comics. 

I'm  going to totally do that lame thing where you nominate everyone in an attempt to appear to be inclusive but really you're just being lazy because it's past your bedtime and you're too tired to think of ten bloggers you'd like to answer your questions. If you're a sister-blogger (or even if you have a sister - why the heck not) and would like to answer some totally random bookish questions, please feel free to do so and comment/link back so I can see your answers!

  1. What's your bookish origin story (when/how did you become the bibliophile you are today)?
  2. How did you come up with your blog name?
  3. What's your favourite genre?
  4. Which Bennet sister are you?
  5. What's your desert island/lost in space book pick? 
  6. Which movie adaptation did you think was better than the book?
  7. Which book/series do you think deserves to be made into a totally awesome movie/tv series but it sadly overlooked?
  8. What was your favourite read of 2008? Can't remember? Fine, 2014 then (2008 was picked arbitrarily anyway).
  9. Which Hogwarts House have you been sorted into (Ravenclaws holla!)?
  10. If you could recommend one book to me (knowing as much about me as you do now, which is probably nothing) what would it be?




2 comments:

  1. Love your answers AND your questions!! I'm glad you had fun doing this. And as per your question #6, The Shining movie is definitely better than the book. Don't even care who I offend haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really great. I can't say that I've read (or watched) any Stephen King on account of my major chicken-ness. But I get the feeling that most of his movies would be better. Kind of like how Nicholas Sparks movies are always better (seriously, I've yet to find a book of his that was worth reading over the movie)

      Delete