Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back to the Classics 2015 - another classics challenge


Karen over at Books and Chocolate is hosting Back to The Classics 2015. This certainly is not her first time hosting, but it is my first time participating and I am excited. 2015 is definitely the Year of Challenges for me and I am so pumped and ready to get this new year of awesome reading underway!

Basic run-down:
  1. All books must be read in 2015.  Books started prior to January 1, 2015, are not eligible.  Reviews must be linked by December 31, 2015. 
  2. All books must have been published 50 years ago or more. 1965 is the cut-off date.
  3. Ebooks and audiobooks are A-OK.
  4. Crossover between categories is NOT OK. Crossovers with other challenges you may be working on are fine, however.  
  5. Cut-off for sign up is March 31, 2015.
You can find the full list of rules and sign up here.

Here's my list:
1.  A 19th Century Classic -- Dracula, Bram Stoker
2.  A 20th Century Classic -- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

3.  A Classic by a Woman Author -- Emma, Jane Austen

4.  A Classic in Translation -- Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy 
5.  A Very Long Classic Novel -- East of Eden, John Steinbeck

6.  A Classic Novella -- Animal Farm, George Orwell
7.  A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title --  Undecided
8.  A Humorous or Satirical Classic -- Catch-22, Joseph Heller

9.  A Forgotten Classic -- This Side of Paradise, F. Scott Fitzgerald


10.  A Nonfiction Classic -- Undecided
11.  A Classic Children's Book -- Anne of Green Gables – L. M. Montgomery
12.  A Classic Play -- Literally anything from Shakespeare… Or maybe something classical... another one Undecided.

 
So, that's my list, I promise to do as little editing as possible and to stick with it as it is now (edited June 2015 - I realized I had listed the same book under two categories, a no-no). Happy classics reading!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great picks! East of Eden is SO GOOD! So is Anne of Green Gables. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been meaning to get to them for now long, I'm glad I have an excuse to finally get around to them!

      Delete