Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On

 
  1. The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin - A lot of people are going a little crazy over the wait for this one, I'm thinking about maybe rereading the series to get ready for what I'm sure will be an epic addition to an already amazing series. Or maybe I'll just start watching the show, I haven't decided.
  2. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - I know that I don't technically have to wait for this since it's been out for quite a while, but I am on a bit of a book buying ban ('tis the season of giving, not getting, after all) so I won't be getting this for myself any time soon. But I will, eventually.
  3. Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss - I don't really know what to expect from this third book, especially since I haven't read the second book yet, but I always plan on finishing each series I start and I am looking forward to this one.
  4. Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch - Same reason as #2. Is this a cop-out? Maybe. Probably. Yes. Do I care? Possibly. Unlikely. No.
  5. The Republic of Theives by Scott Lynch - Same reason as #3. Same explanation as #4. I am really going all out this week.
  6. The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch - Here's one I actually will have to wait for for reals.
  7. This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman - I've been really late getting around to reading These Broken Stars and I wasn't sure if it was going to be deserving of all it's hype. But I can definitely say I am looking forward to the sequel very much, even if it will be focusing on different characters.
  8. Ensnared by A. G. Howard - I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I wasn't crazy about Splintered [I only gave it two stars on Goodreads], and though I enjoyed Unhinged slightly more [3 stars], I still had a lot of problems with it. However, I really want to finish the series and I'm hoping that the third book will redeem it for me. I love Alice in Wonderland,  and I want to like this series, so I'm giving it another shot.
  9. Untitled (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Steifvater Is anyone out there not waiting for this one?
  10. Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan - I am obsessed with this series. I know I could just buy the single issue comics and get that monthly fix, but single issues are so short, it's like getting just one bite out a glorious slice of cake. I just really love the collected editions, they are so beautiful. This is on my "Treat Yo'self" Christmas list and I'll be snatching it up as soon as it hits shelves.
 
What are some sequels you've been itching to get your hands on?  Any series you need to catch up on like myself?
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment