Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Winter TBR


Disclaimer: Yes, I know it's Wednesday but just as I was preparing myself to publish this last night... I fell asleep. I know, it's a terrible excuse but it happens. I'm sorry.

November 25:  Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR 

  1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - This is the December - January pick for the I Like Big Books book club on Goodreads. It's a great group, if you like big books join us and read along!
  2. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe  by C. S. Lewis - This book just feels wintry to me. My first-grader loved the movie, so I think this might be the year we read this one together.
  3. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - This one seems obvious, but I've never actually read it. This might be the year for it.
  4. Winter's Tale by Mark Halpern - This has been sitting on my shelf unread since last winter, I think it's about time it gets read, plus it has winter in the title so BOOM. Done.
  5. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - I'm doing a read-along with Alysia of exlibris, she is totally awesome and you should check out her Booktube channel. This is my first Dickens and I'm both excited and nervous about it. I really want to like this one.

A Tale of Two Cities Anna Karenina Winter's Tale The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) 
 
A Christmas CarolThat's it for my TBR because three of my picks are so long. Here's what we'll be reading in our fort:
 
Once Upon a Northern Night by Jean E. Pendziwol
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsberg
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
White Fang by Jack London
 


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, Anna Karenina! I've had a copy of it on my shelf for some six years now and haven't yet read it. Other books just pop up before I can grab that one, but I'm betting it's amazing!
    Good luck with your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had the same problem with setting aside books I've owned for a while so I could read newer books. I'm grateful to book clubs for getting me to read books I usually already own.

      Delete
  2. I just read A Christmas Carol! It's one of my favorites. Hope you like it. :) And A Tale of Twi Cities is excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in responding, it's been such a busy holiday season! I've been having a really hard time getting into Dickens, sadly. I am planning on reading A Christmas Carol, I think I'll save it for next Christmas :)

      Delete