Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Classics Club Spin

As always, I am a little (a lot) late to post this (the deadline was November 10...oops!). But, I'm here now and I've decided to participate in my first ever Classics Club Spin. I couldn't decide which classic to read next so the timing for this couldn't be any more perfect!

The basic idea behind the Classic Club Spin is that you list your choice of any 20 classics from your Classics Club list that you haven't read yet. This is your "spin list". The Classics Club mods will post a randomly selected number from 1 to 20 and the challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by the given date: January 5, 2015
As I mentioned I am late to post this, so I'll be sharing my spin list and my spin pick in a single post. The idea behind this is that if I share it, I will actually read and review my pick. I've been slow to finish my books lately, and even slower to review, (I've been blaming a job change, but it's probably more due to laziness) so a kick in the pants was definitely needed. 
Without further ado, here's my Spin List:

  1. The Woman in White
  2. The Great Gatsby
  3. Les Miserables
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird
  5. The Wind Up Bird Chronicle
  6. North and South
  7. Persuasion
  8. As I Lay Dying
  9. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  10. The Handmaid's Tale
  11. Don Quixote
  12. The Little Prince
  13. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  14. 1984
  15. A Little Princess
  16. My Antonia
  17. Great Expectations
  18. The Bell Jar
  19. Mrs. Dalloway
  20. In Cold Blood
Slaughterhouse-FiveThe Classics Club Spin number was #13. It looks like I'll be reading Slaughterhouse-Five next month. This will be my first Vonnegut and I'm both excited and nervous about it. I'm hoping that not too much of it will go over my head, and that I enjoy it. I really want to like this book. 
What was your classics club spin pick? Let me know in the comments or on twitter using #ccspin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment