Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Hound of The Baskervilles

TeaserTuesdays2014e

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Hound of The Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle


The Hound of the Baskervilles

 "I am bound to say that in all the accounts which you have been so good as to give of my own small achievements you have habitually underrated your own abilities. It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light."

"When taken in conjunction with your uncle's death I am not sure that of all the five hundred cases of capital importance which I have handled there is one which cuts so deep. But we hold several threads in our hands, and the odds are that one or other of them guides us to the truth."






5 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Have you read Sir Conan Doyle's works before? here's my TT if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now I want to read this one! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE POCKET WIFE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays! That's an oldie but a goodie.
    My TT this week is from Duma Key by Stephen King. http://wp.me/pZnGI-fN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sherlock Holmes, and this is one of my favorite novellas :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book, the language is particularly beautiful for such a dark mystery story. Great choice of teaser for your very first go. Here is mine for this week https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/teaser-tuesday-november-18/

    ReplyDelete