Monday, November 24, 2014

2015 TBR Pile Challenge

I love new books. I love used books. I love collecting books. I love buying books. I love buying books so much that I tend to buy books faster than I can read them. I've heard that this is a pretty common habit for most avid readers (except for you smarty-pantses who use your public library to its fullest potential), but I buy more books than I can read and it's become a problem. I have tons of books gathering dust because I am just not getting to them and it's saddening because at some point I must have been really excited about reading them. Long story short, this is why I am glad that for the first time I will be able to participate in...
 
2015TBRbutton
 
Adam of Roof Beam Reader is hosting his SIXTH annual TBR Pile Challenge and I, for one, can say that I am definitely going to benefit from joining in on this one.
 
The Goal for this challenge is to read (and review) 12 from your "to be read" pile within the year. Crossovers with other challenges are A-OK, but these books should have been on your shelf for at least a year. You are also allowed to have two "alternates" in case you decide to toss aside one of your titles.
 
You can sign up for the challenge here, you'll need to link your master TBR List and update the links to your reviews. You can also leave comments on that post throughout the year to update your progress and everyone that completes the challenge will be entered in a giveaway!
 
*Note: On the 15th of each month, there will be a monthly check-in to keep us all on track, as well as mini challenges and giveaways. So much fun to be had by all.
 
We'll be chatting about the challenge on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook, using #TBR2015RBR
 

My 2015 TBR Challenge Master List:

  1. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
  2. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
  3. Anne of Green Gables - L. M. Montgomerey
  4. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
  5. As I Lay Dying - William Faulkner
  6. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J. K. Rowling
  7. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
  8. Half-Blood Blues - Esi Edugyan
  9. Blindness - Jose Saramago
  10. Roots - Alex Haley
  11. Atonement - Ian McEwan
  12. Emma - Jane Austen
Alternate:
  • The Road - Cormac McCarthy
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Wuthering Heights! The Handmaid's Tale! As I Lay Dying! Harry Potter! The Road! Wow - such a great list. You've got an excellent reading year ahead of you. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited for it (and also a little ashamed I've ignored these for so long).

      Delete
  2. Oh! I love your list. I'm interested to see what you think of The Handmaid's Tale and Harry Potter especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited about those ones in particular because I tried to read them when I was younger and I ended up giving up on them both. I'm hoping this time around I'll enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Little Women & Anne of Green Gables!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for these ones! I feel like a lot of the books I haven't gotten around to are the ones I "should have" read as a child...

      Delete
  4. So many great books on your list! I love how many people selected Anne of Green Gables this year. That was on my 2014 challenge list and I really enjoyed it. I've got the 3rd Harry Potter on my list this year. Need to keep going with the series. I'm a total Janeite so enjoy Emma - it's one of my faves. I added Persuasion to my list this year and once completed, I'll have read all 6 of her major works. Wuthering Heights and Blindness are two other faves of mine. You've got awesome reading ahead of you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a little shocked at my list to be honest. I look at the pile now and think, "how have I NOT read any of these yet?!" My ability to amass books and let them languish unread on the shelf is astounding.

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous of your list! Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone especially. And Little Women! That is one of the best books ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to get started. I'll be reading Harry Potter with my son and he's equally excited about it :)

      Delete
  6. Great list! I have Wuthering Heights and Wind-Up Bird on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to get to those ones. Love your blog btw!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful list! The Handmaid's tale & Wuthering Heights are on my "Best Books Ever" list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only hear wonderful things about them both, I am excited to FINALLY get around to them!

      Delete