Sunday, October 19, 2014

Horror October Announcement

HorrorOctober2014

I love events. I love challenges. I love buddy reads. I love read-a-thons. I really love a good theme. I am always looking for the next bookish event or challenge to join. And this is something that excites me. 
I know I already mentioned this (briefly) in my last post but I wanted an "official" post about the event. Leanne and Asti from Oh, The Books! will be hosting this two week event. It will be taking place from October 18 (yesterday - yes, this post is late) to October 31 and we'll be using the tag #OtBHorrorOctober to keep in touch via twitter. 

Not sure what to expect?

Last year we had quite the variety, and I was really impressed with the things people came up with. We saw everything from book and movie reviews, to bookish Bingo and other games, giveaways, pastries, monster profiles, book and film recommendations, TBR plans, interviews, challenges, soundtracks, cover loves, home decor, costumes… really if you can think of it, someone probably posted on it! (via)
I don't have a lot of experience with horror, as I am a certified scaredy-cat, but I am excited to try something new. I might even watch a horror movie or two - as long as they're adapted from books. If you have any recommendations, let me know!

Do you like the horror genre? Will you be participating in Horror October? 

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Thanks for joining us for the Horror October Fortnight! Don't worry - you're definitely not the only scaredy cat! I'm taken the easy way out and focusing on monsters (not necessarily the scary kind) instead of actually delving too much into horror. I guess that means I'm not the best at providing recommendations for horror! I would say Stephen King is the best place to start though - especially as his books often have movie adaptations. I've seen Secret Window (because of Johnny Depp!) and really enjoyed that one, and it's based on a novella King wrote. Maybe try that one? More of a tense thriller than jumpy horror, but I liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete