Monday, October 13, 2014

Hello October - a Gothic Announcement

Hello October

I know it's already the second week of the month (and if you also happen to be in Canada - Happy Thanksgiving!), but I have had a very busy October so far (I don't go into too much detail about my personal life on here but I started a new job last week and it has been quite the transition), oh well, such is life. I LOVE this month. October is when it really starts to feel like Fall. The weather is cooling down as the last few weeks of September were unusually mild - summer's last hurrah; the air is feeling crisp, the leaves are changing, Halloween is just around the corner.

In celebration of this spooky month I've decided that the theme for the month will be Gothic October. There's lots of stuff happening this month to go along with that spooky theme. Hamlette over at The Edge of the Precipice is Hosting a read-along of The Hound of The Baskervilles that I'll be participating in (the pace is two chapters a week - so that's manageable) and I think it fits in perfectly with the gothic theme.





HorrorOctober2014mini
Also happening this month over at Oh, the Books is Horror October, which will be taking place over the last two weeks of the month. I think it will be the perfect way to round out Gothic October and will hopefully get everyone into the Spooky Halloween Spirit just in time for the big night!

What are your October reading plans? Are you having a theme month of your own? Involved in a read-along? Will you be participating in Horror October? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Glad to see you're joining us in Horror October Fortnight! Gothic October sounds like an awesome idea. Looking forward to seeing what kind of books you have planned for it! Should be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm super excited about it :)

      Delete