Thursday, October 2, 2014

Booking Through Thursday (3) - Sick

btt button
What do you read when you’re sick and just want something easy and comforting? Or do you watch TV instead?(Assuming you’re not napping, of course.)
I don't have  a go-to book to read whenever I'm feeling sick. I usually just pick up whatever it is I'm currently reading (which is still Outlander at the moment - it isn't as fast paced as I was led to believe but I'm getting through it).
If I'm really sick and don't want to do any thinking at all, I turn to TV; Netflix specifically - period dramas especially. Some of my favourites have been North & South, Daniel Deronda, and the BBC Pride and Prejudice (of course). I like to watch these alone in silence (and in a house full of boys I'm usually out-voted for TV choices - we watch Space Jam like 3x a week, not kidding), and I do find them really comforting.
What do you watch or read when you're not feeling well?


2 comments:

  1. If I'm really sick, I just want to sleep and watch Jane Austen movies. I have boys, so I understand getting voted down, although mine do like Pride and Prejudice. Here's my answer: 2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are young (JK and 1st grade) - they won't sit through Austen movies now but maybe someday they'll like P&P like yours!

      Delete