Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: What's On Your Fall TBR List?


1) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I have really been enjoying the Starz series and it's convinced me to finally read the books (something a very dear friend of mine has been trying to get me to do since high school).
2) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
For some reason, to me The Hobbit always feels like such a cosy book to curl up with, and fall is the perfect time to read about adventures. Something about the way the leaves turn and the air becomes crisp always makes me feel like it's adventuring time. (Also, this week is the Tolkien Blog Party)
3) The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
I really love Neil Gaiman and have been waiting for Horror October to begin so I can start this one. I've heard such great things about this one and I think it'll be a good choice.
4) The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
I'll be doing a read along next month with Hamlette over on The Edge of The Precipice and am really looking forward to it.
5) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I've heard rumours that this one isn't really as dark and spooky as it seems, but since it looks pretty gothic, I'm throwing it into my Gothic October TBR Pile. Also my mom recommended it and loaned me her copy, so I really need to read it - thanks mom :)
6) A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Again, I've heard that it's not really a scary book, but the illustrations are dark and quite chilling. Besides, if every book I read this fall is a horror I'll have trouble sleeping, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.
7) Cujo by Stephen King
I've never read anything by Stephen King before, and I think that Halloween is the perfect time to start, who knows - it might even spark a new Halloween tradition for me. King on Halloween anyone?
8) Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
I may have a deep dislike for YA vampire novels, but I have always had a deep love for vampire movies. I thought that this October I would give one of the classic vampire novels (and movies) a shot, this will be my first Anne Rice and I'm hoping for the best.
9) Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong
I love Kelley Armstrong; I love her YA novels, I love Bitten (the book and the show), and I really want to continue reading more of her Women of the Otherworld series. Plus, yay Canadian Authors!
10) The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
This is the last book in the All Soul's trilogy and I have absolutely loved it so far. I'm a little sad to see it end but I love the story and the characters and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Outlander (Outlander, #1)   The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe)   The Graveyard Book   
The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5)   Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)   A Monster Calls

Cujo     Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)   Dime Store Magic  (Women of the Otherworld, #3)

 The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)

What's on your fall TBR list?





2 comments:

  1. Nice blog you got here. You're right about The Hobbit, it just exudes an autumn-like feel that coincides with the spirit of adventure. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you. Your blog is quite fantastic.

    ReplyDelete