Monday, September 15, 2014

Mixtape Monday: Eleanor & Park

I made you a mixtape:

 Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell



Eleanor & Park
This is my first Mixtape Monday (hooray!) and I have to admit, I may have cheated a little bit on this one. I absolutely adored Eleanor & Park, which I review here. Their love was sweet and new and backed by an awesome soundtrack of 80s punk and new wave hits. Putting this playlist together was a bit of a no brainer as most of the songs and artists were mentioned in the novel, it practically wrote itself. I love all of these songs. I hope they take you back to the 80s. I hope they remind you what it's like to be a teenager. I hope they remind you what it's like to be young and in love. I hope they remind you of your first love.






Here's my take on an Eleanor & Park Playlist:



  1. Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair


I'm really interested in finding out what would be on a modern version of an Eleanor & Park playlist. What would be on your Eleanor & Park mixtape?

P.S. I just discovered I Made You A Mixtape and it's awesome and wonderful and makes me infinitely happy - check it out!


P.P.S. I also recently discovered The Nostalgia Machine, and it is also awesome and wonderful. If you feel like you want to take a trip back to 1986 (or any other year for that matter) you should totally check out this musical time machine. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment